Last Revised: 10/15/2014
1. Types of Information We Collect. We collect your information as described below.
(a) Information You Provide to Us.
· We may collect personal information from you, such as your name, phone number, e-mail address, zip code and password when you create an account to log in to our network ("Account").
· When you post content (text, images, photographs, messages, comments or any other kind of content that is not your e-mail address) on our Site, the information contained in your posting will be stored in our servers and other users of the Site will be able to see it, along with any other information that you choose to make public through your profile ("Profile"). The information that you provide in your Profile will be visible to others, including other users of the Site.
· We retain information on your behalf, such as files and messages that you store using your Account.
· We may collect personal information from you when you sign up for Josephine's SMS list or RSVP to an Event.
· We may collect (through a third party payment processor) payment information, including your name, credit card information, and billing information, in order to make payments to the Cooks for Events you attend or charge you for Josephine's fees (as described in our Terms of Service located here: http://josephine.com/tos).
· If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
· When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional personal information.
· When you post messages through the Services and/or comment on content available through the Site, the information contained in your posting and/or comment will be stored on our servers and other users will be able to see it.
· We also collect other types of personal information that you provide to us voluntarily, such as your operating system and version, product registration number, and other requested information if you contact us via e-mail regarding support for the Services.
· If you participate in a contest, sweepstakes or other promotion, we will collect any data you provide in connection with that promotion.
· We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect on our Services.
· We may also collect personal information at other points in our Site that state that personal information is being collected.
(c) Information Collected via Technology.
· Information Collected by Our Servers. To make our Site and Services more useful to you, our servers automatically collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit. We use your IP address to diagnose problems with our server, report aggregate information, determine the fastest route for your computer to use in connecting to the Site, and administer and improve the Site.
· Log Files. We gather certain information automatically and store it in log files, including IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to improve the content of the Site, market research purposes, to communicate information to visitors and to better tailor our Services to our users' needs.
· How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals. We do not currently respond to "do not track" signals or other mechanisms that might enable consumers to opt out of tracking on our Site.
2. Use of Your Personal Information
· identify you as a user in our system;
· operate and improve our Site and Services;
· facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
· understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience and enjoyment using our Services;
· process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
· respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
· provide and deliver information and Services you request;
· send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
· communicate with you about new contests, promotions, and rewards, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners;
· verify the e-mail address provided when your Account was created;
· develop and improve marketing and advertising for the Services;
· link or combine with other personal information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
· protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
We may store and process personal information in the United States and other countries.
We may also create anonymous and/or deidentified data records from your personal information by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this anonymous data to enhance the content of our Services and improve the Site. We reserve the right to use anonymous data for any purpose and disclose anonymous data to third parties in our sole discretion.
We may get information about you from other sources. We may add this to information we get from this Site.
(b) User Testimonials and Feedback. We may receive testimonials and comments from users who have had positive experiences with our Services. We may publish such content. When we publish this content, we may identify our users by their first and last name. We obtain the user's consent prior to posting his or her name along with the testimonial. We may post user feedback on the Site from time to time. We will share your feedback with your first name and last initial and a link to your Profile. If we choose to post your first and last name along with your feedback, we will obtain your consent prior to posting you name with your feedback.
(a) Information You Share. Our Site and Services allow you to connect and share content and information. Please be mindful of your own privacy needs as you choose who to connect with and what to share and make public. We cannot control the privacy or security of information you choose to make public on the Site. If you share information about others, we suggest you get consent for any information you may share about them.
(b) Information We Share. We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual without restriction. In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
· to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it, for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information, or with your consent;
· to other users of the Site for the purposes of displaying information in your Profile;
· content you submit to public areas of the Site are posted in public areas and are not subject to the restrictions set forth in this policy;
· to third parties designated by you;
· with our subsidiaries and affiliates;
· with Cooks and Guests in order to facilitate an Event;
· with contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business;
· to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about users is among the assets transferred; and
· to comply with any court order, law or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request; to enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us; and/or if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Josephine, our customers or others.
(c) Public Profile. Certain portions of the information you provide to us may also be displayed in your Profile. As an essential element of the Services, most of the personal information you explicitly provide to us when you register or update your Profile is displayed on your Profile. By default, certain aspects of your Profile are public. Content you post to the Site is also meant for public consumption. We may display this content on the Site, and further distribute it to a wider audience through third party sites and services. Once displayed on publicly viewable web pages, that information can be collected and used by others. We cannot control who reads your posting or what other users may do with the information that you voluntarily post, so it is very important that you do not put personal information in your posts. Once you have posted information publicly, while you will still be able to edit and delete it on the Services, you will not be able to edit or delete such information cached, collected, and stored elsewhere by others (e.g., search engines).
5. Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Information. You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations. You may also send requests about your contact preferences, changes to your information including requests to opt-out of sharing your personal information with third parties by emailing email@example.com. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept cookies from our Service for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser's technical information. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Services or all functionality of the Services. You may opt out of the Text Services (as described in our Terms of Service located here: http://josephine.com/tos at any time by texting the word STOP to (510) 254-3222 from the enrolled mobile device. If you do that, you will receive one additional message confirming that you will no longer receive messages from Josephine regarding Events.
6. Changing or Deleting Your Personal Information. You may review, update, correct, or delete your personal information on the Site by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
7. Information Security. We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
8. A Note about Children. We do not intentionally gather personal information from users who are under the age of 13. If a child under 13 submits personal information to Josephine and we learn that the personal information is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any personal information from a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
634 66th Street, Oakland, CA, 94609